What Is Black Mold?
Not all Black Mold is Black Mold!
Having mold in your home or business can be an alarming situation. It can become even more alarming if the mold is "black" or if a contractor tells you that you have "black mold." Black mold typically refers to a type of mold called Stachybotrys and has been showed to potentially cause health effects in occupants. However it is important to note that not all mold that looks black is black mold. Many types of mold will be dark or black in appearance but will not be Stachybotrys.
It is important to get a professional opinion from certified professionals if you think you may have an issue with mold in your home or business. SERVPRO of Shakopee/Savage/Prior Lake has a number of certified Antimicrobial Remediation Technicians on its staff and can quickly schedule an inspection to provide insight and guidance on how to handle any kine of mold problem- big or small!
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Shakopee / Savage / Prior Lake immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (952) 403-1050
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Shakopee / Savage / Prior Lake is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Prior Lake
- New Prague
- Belle Plaine
- Elko New Market