“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
What Does Mold Remediation Mean?
It is important to note that it is impossible to "remove" mold from a property. Mold spores exist everywhere and are a natural and necessary part of any indoor or outdoor environment.
However, if you have a moisture problem in your home or business, this can cause growth of spores to unhealthy levels and can also certain types of mold to grow that are known to cause health effects- see our section on "What is Black Mold" for more information.
During a mold mitigation process what becomes critical is addressing the source and materials of the mold that needs to be removed and then following proper mold protocol to either clean the surfaces or remove them completely - all without dispersing mold spores into the environment where they could settle elsewhere.
You can read more about our process on our "Mold Restoration Process" page.
At SERVPRO of Shakopee/Savage/Prior Lake, we have been successfully performing mold mitigation and clean up for over 30 years. If you think you may have a problem with mold in your home or business, give us a call today!
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (952) 403-1050
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (952) 403-1050
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Shakopee / Savage / Prior Lake is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2050 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: